I have designed my blog to display my card making, scrapbooking, mini albums and any and all paper crafting and STAMPING!! I want to discuss anything to do with all these things and play with my passion here!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dream wall hanging


I have not been a very busy bee lately.  To say the least.  I have been plagued with migraines pretty mcuh for the entire month.  Can you say frustrated~~~ ahhhhhh!! Ya to say the least,  frustrated.  when I am in other pain I can still find it in me to create something.  When I have a migraine I can only find my bed and curl up in fetal position and pray it goes away.  I certainly am not productive in a pain brain situation......... well I finally had a bit of relief yesterday and created a wall hanging for a pal in Australia.  I have sent it off and pray it gets there before Christmas gets here~~   I could not believe the cost of shipping a package via air mail.....Canada post wanted about $65.00 to send my package airmail.  Am I cheap to send it for upwards of $ 26 for the surface mail???? I don't think so and if I wanted it to be even faster it would have cost $95!!!! Well shipping things has become quite an expensive proposition however it IS going to be shipped.  It will take a wee bit longer to get there but it WILL make it there. 

So here is my magical wall hanging.   I had a lot of fun with of all things.... box board...aka cardboard. Love doing the recycling thing.  It makes for a great base to create on.  I added some paint and some more paint and then did a collage thing to bring it to life.  I used some of my new Goosebumps with shimmer Texture Spray by Tsukineko.  Love it.  A nice sparkle in the shine of the spray adds a little more bang for your buck! I used a Unity stamp for the flower under Dream and added some flowers from prima and some I coloured which I got from wild orchid crafts.  I made the pink and blue flowers myself from coffee filters I sprayed with some glimmer mists then cut out using Tim Holtz Sizzix die tattered florals.  Love that die! 

A labour of love.  I had a great time doing this.  I lost all track of time and was inspired constantly.  I love it when I work on a project and it flows out of me.  I know when I don't think and plan I tend to do better work.  It comes out as intended.  Too much thought about my art and I don't mix well!! I just let it flow out of me if I can!







Thanks for looking and taking the time to come to my wee blog.  I am very thankful you have taken the time to stop by and to look at my art and share in my passion.

I have finally finished my project that I began at the Canadian Scrapbookers Carnival in Christy Riopel's class.  I will post it soon.  Also have some a Halloween cards I made for my nieces and nephew but I am not going to post them until I know they have them in their hot little hands......I sent them a wee bit late and it does take time when mailing from one side of Canada to the other!

Take care all.  Happy Thursday!!!






6 comments:

Dale Anne Potter said...

LOVELY Victoria!
YES, postage is crazy anymore...

Kimber said...

Wow Victoria! This is beautiful! I LOVE it!

Carol B. said...

It's BEAUTIFUL Victoria, she will love and cherish it.

Need to learn to make paper flowers.

Misti said...

Ooooh!!!!!!!
It's beautiful. You HAVE been a busy bee in my opinion! Wowzer I love it. Big hugs.

Joni Nickrent said...

WOW! Beautiful work! Thanks for the tweet shoutout and for popping by over at Pop Art Minis!

PD99 said...

Love what you did! So beautiful!