I have designed my blog to display my card making, scrapbooking, mini albums and any and all paper crafting and STAMPING!! I want to discuss anything to do with all these things and play with my passion here!

Friday, August 26, 2011

My Beautiful Niece

Hi all,

Well I finally finished the entire package for my lovely niece.  I made a card for her as well of course!  It is a fun card which of course has the same colours as the fairy and art piece I created for her.  I was a little late in sending the package but it got there only one day late.  I sent the package via Express post and it took two days to get there.

'The Birthday card''
 I had fun making this card!  I used Tim Holtz distress ink daubers to make the background.  I added a huge background stamp by hero arts with script and butterflies.  I coloured the butterflies in with some LuminArte glitter paints.  I then added a dress form I had stamped in Versamark and put on some clear embossing powder and heat set...the stamp is by Close To My Heart...it is a fab set called 'Find your Style'. So love it!! After I heat set the clear embossing powder I added distress ink on with a foam applicator. A great resist technique in my opinion......I then fussy cut it out.  I dipped it into UTEE and made a glossy cover on top of it.  I had to add bling to it!!! Of course!!!   I put a bit of ribbon on the middle of the dress form for some dress fabric and then added gems on with my Imaginisce i-Rock gem applicator.  Love that tool.   I used Donna Salazar's Spellbinders die to cut out the butterfly in a silver paper.  I used another Spellbinders die to make the fancy label and stamped a happy birthday stamp on to the label. I think it just looks fab!! Some paper pieces from Once Upon a Springtime by Graphic 45 complete the look. 


 
Side/flat View

This is a side view of the card to show the depth and dimension of the card. I popped the dress form up with my wonderful Helmar zap dots. They stick like nothing else!!! Love 'em!!


Back of the card
 The back of this card is a post card type size of paper from the Graphic 45 paper.  Of course I added my name stamp!!

One last look




Reading the card
 I got some pictures from my brother of my niece as she was opening the birthday package and card that I sent to her!! I love her face!  It is so nice to get to see her reaction after all the work I put into this present for her.  I LOVE her smile!!! It makes all of it worthwhile!! That smile is worth more to me than any amount of money in the world!  I love this little angel!! She is an incredibly smart and already very well read intelligent young lady!  I can't believe she is this big already.  I feel like she was just born yesterday!!


Reading the 'second card'
 I sent a second card with a label in it so that she could name her fairy in the bottle and I added some ribbons into the card as well so that she could attach it as she pleased! Again with that smile!!


Fairy in hand!!

Oh my!!! Now this is worth every single minute of work.....and there were many many hours put into this art piece.  She is so precious to me.  I hope she knows this!  I don't get to visit as much as I'd like to due to our respective home locations.....there are about 3500kms between us.....Ontario to Calgary it's a long long walk...........I hope that she keeps this forever  and can pass it along to her wee ones....she did state to me on the phone as she thanked me for the gift that she was going to keep some of her dolls and toys for her children and give some away to other children.  So generous and thinking of others already.  As I stated a little angel and a very special niece!!  My hubby and I love her.....as of course does the rest of the family.  She is my parents first grandchild.  My first niece and just a spitfire! I love you so much!!!


Now on to an ATC JAM that I have set up and started to send on for two others to work on!


Watercolor oil pastel ATC Jam starter!

I sent this set to an ATC Jam trader in Finland.  I wanted to send a set that was NOT a bit of pattern paper!  I started by adding a wax resist crayon using a stencil.  I then put some glitter spray from Tsukeniko on and finished by using my new Staedtler watercolor oil pastels.  Oh wow oil...water...yeah it works well the pigment is fun and great to work with....not the best pigmented pastels but fun to play with. Love that resist technique!!

Well that's it for this post!! I will be posting after this......I made an ATTEMPT at an art journal page..... yes an attempt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and that jar fairy was over the top! Fabulous gift!