I have designed my blog to display my card making, scrapbooking, mini albums and any and all paper crafting and STAMPING!! I want to discuss anything to do with all these things and play with my passion here!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Our first Wedding anniversary!!

I am in shock but our first wedding anniversary was on June 19, Yesterday! I am still so much in love! We have been together 9 years now and it seems just like yesterday we got together! I made my hubby a card!!
We have seen lots of change and our lives have been in turmoil many a time due to my pain! My chronic pain gives us many challenges.  I have a rock though......and he is the love of my life, my husband! He is an angel put on this earth to keep me happy I'm convinced and he is just my baby.  I love to look after him too! It works both ways! We are so happy.......here is the card I made him!  I used all Unity stamps for this card much to my pleasure!!  They were all perfect for this project.....I think but please let me know!!

Envelope decor as well....colored with pencils

THE card!!

 I love this card so much. I use NO patterned paper at all. The background is made with heart backgrounds....all stamps are Unity and all ink is from Tim Holtz distress and memento dew drops.....the edge is lace colored with Tattered Angels glimmer mist old lace and suede colors.....I put it through my Zyron and added red micro glitter onto the glue that was remaining in the lace space!  The middle card is cut from Tim Holtz Sizzix baroque die and then I it put through one of his texture fades for the rich texture on the baroque cut of the card.  I then distressed it with antique linen and vintage photo. I stamped the Unity roses in fired brick....a rich wonderful red!  Butchers twine is around the bottom of the card and used glue dots to add the twine.  I tied on an old button I had and added a rose.  The green piece of paper was cut with Sizzix Tim Holtz die edger and then put it through a Sizzix embossing folder.  I cut the words out from a Unity stamp...again and ( I used so many sets......don't recall but if you'd like to know where I got them I will look them up ..please simply email me!!) cut it out from their shape not with a spellbinders....I didn't find one that fit this stamp....so fussy cutting. I added the green roses in the background for some other color.  I also stamped love in the top right corner!


Inside of the card...used spellbinders to make hearts and used Martha Stewart's edger for the I adore you...

The inside need a little bit of a splash too......I added the I adore you stamp (Unity) and then added fired brick and worn lipstick to the paper to color it.  The edge is cut with one of Martha Stewart's edge cutters.  The corners were rounded on the top.  I added the stamp on the bottom right as well.  The middle heart is special to me...Spellbinders cut two our and layered them. The saying really sums up how I feel!! Gotta love Unity stamps!!!! Oh how I adore thee!




Back of the card
I added using my Tombo markers another Unity stamp.  I colored it in and then used my mini mister to re-wet the stamp and then stamp it.  It is water colored essentially.  As you can see there is a little bit of color on the back.....picked up from my mat on my desk!! Oh the joy of ink and stamping!!!

Well folks that's it....oh wait the best for last his cute present for me.......
Please note the wonderful spelling mistake that Dairy Queen made!!!!

It was so cute...he told me the day before our anniversary that he was going for fries......then came home with a Blizzard cake from Dairy Queen.  The lady working there that day was not a native English speaker and spelled anniversary wrong.....well I think now we will always have it on our cakes and in my cards....it is now a 'family' joke!! LOL!!!! What a great treat it is we are still eating it!!! That's it!!  It was a fabulous weekend!! Thank you my dear husband!!!

2 comments:

Jingle said...

Happy Anniversary and very pretty card!

Meg said...

WOW! That is just a STUNNING card, all the way from the envelope to the back! I love all the fabulous detail you added to the front--you could have fooled me about not using any patterned paper!

And what better way to celebrate than with a cake wreck (or should I say blizzard wreck?)