I have designed my blog to display my card making, scrapbooking, mini albums and any and all paper crafting and STAMPING!! I want to discuss anything to do with all these things and play with my passion here!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Birthday card for our nephew :)

         Yesterday I was busy creating a card for our nephew.  He is totally dinosaur crazy. Well what little boy isn't!!  I was a little disappointed that I couldn't find a dino stamp or Cricut cut out.....so I found a dragon on the Pagoda cartridge for the Cricut.  Oh was I happy.  I then ran the kraft paper I used for the main dragon body in a Cuttlebug folder to mimic a dragon skin.  Next I used my favorite distress inks and colored the dragons body with a couple of different greens and weathered wood.   It looked fab...but just not finished.  So I decided to add some UTEE(ultra thick embossing enamel). I then added a red belly onto the dragon as well as a red googly eye! He is fab now!! 

         I love the background too. I thought I'd keep it simple by using a packaged paper from a pad I got at Winners (LOVE those deals!) It's simple....then added a colour to the outside edge of the paper and then distressed the edge with my handy dandy(well used!) Tim Holtz paper distresser.  It turned out really well! 
So take a look and let me know what you think......




The "Dragon"!! I love the way it turned out!!    





Close up of the "Dragon"



         In the pipes........Today I have been working on a sympathy card......nice card, horrible situation.  Not going there......... I do love to send my love this way though.
 
         Have a fab weekend all and I'll post the other card when I get it finished......

Happy Friday!

No comments: