I have designed my blog to display my card making, scrapbooking, mini albums and any and all paper crafting and STAMPING!! I want to discuss anything to do with all these things and play with my passion here!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lace, and designing

Well this blog design is a lot of work but I'm enjoying it! I went out the other day and really splurged on some amazing lace at my local Fabricland. I'm really glad I became a member as it took half off the per meter cost of all my lace! WOW! I saved a bundle for only the cost of my membership. Now the lace I bought was not of course basic nylon lace.... Me being me it had to be the beautiful cotton 2-3" deep lace in natural and white and many patterns.....
Huge hole in pocketbook later I'm really happy w/ my lace! Can't wait to ink it up and do some funky stuff with it on cards, pages and well whatever!

I am struggling with building my digital picture for my blog title. I bought a few kits from 9th and Bloom a digital scrap store( SOOO ADDICTIVE! Beware if visiting!!) I'm using my Photoshop Elements (try) to build a title picture.. Not an easy thing... I keep getting white and grey squares around my little embellishments I add. I'm scouring the net to find answers but have thus far come up empty! I'll keep at it. Until then my other art sits patiently calling my name.... Victoria come and play it says....I plod along on the computer willing myself to stay with it. I may end up using a pre-formed one...(shabby blogs has amazing things!)  Don't want to but may have to least my art suffer alone in my studio for too long alone! Can't have that now can I!!!

this lace is the haul from Fabricland.....oh the joy....about 7 meters each lace to 10 meters (just over a yard.....lol)
  

 




Oh and just check out my zipper!!! I only wish there had of been white so I could have coloured it with my distress inks! And of course twill tape to make flowers and edge things!

I just love this lace!!!



 


I'm also gonna have to make a signature!  Happy Thursday all!
Create and above all enjoy what you do!!
V ( made on Thursday....posted Saturday) :)

No comments: