I have designed my blog to display my card making, scrapbooking, mini albums and any and all paper crafting and STAMPING!! I want to discuss anything to do with all these things and play with my passion here!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Artist Trading Cards update

As those who know me and those who follow my blog know I love my ATC's and love to trade art!!  The ATC's I am posting have been created with two others and myself being a third in one way or another....I like being a third as I can REALLY make a card up to my standards and how I like to make art.....perhaps I'll have to do other swaps where I make the whole cards again!  I do like the challenge of creating things others have sent to me though!

Soar
 
 I was the third person to get my hands on this card.  I called it Soar! It was a blankish background and I added the textures of the grasses. The bird house was on the card and the post it.  I added the 'grass' on the bottom of it.  I painted the bird house.  Finally I added Goosebumps Texture spray by Tsukineko.  It adds a fab shine and a bumpy texture.  Love it!  I wasn't happy with the card when I got it however now I am!



 
Ooh La La

Again I was third on this one! I love how it turned out!!! I got it send to me  with the dress form on it and the background was a vintage type pattern paper.  I cut the vintage ladies from a stamp and coloured them in with my Pitt Faber Castell fine pens.  I added a few embellishments from a dollar store set that I cut up and altered with my Copic markers.  The edge of this card has to be one of my favorite things on it!!! I added a new product I previously blogged about called Enamelz by Shimmerz.  It is so thick and I am in love with the texture it adds to my art work.  I kept adding layer after layer!!!! yeah!


second card in set....with a bottle of perfume not a dress form


This is a little different than the first card, but it is essentially the same techniques.

third card in the set 
 I like this third card in this set as well.......and below all three of them together!! You really can see the small differences in the cards when they are side by side.

all three card together

sewing set

this set I was second.  I got the set with a great orange background.  I added a clear embossed dress form and added distress ink over top of it to allow it to come alive.  The dress form is a chipboard piece from a set by Harmonie.  I added a first coat of acrylic paint on the dress form then crackle paint then added a teal colour on top....let it crackle and sanded it down a little bit to distress it a little.   I stamped onto another paper the thread spool and fussy cut it out and added it to the card.  I put silver thread around and stuck a pair of metal scissors into it.  The needles are stamped onto the card. 




Splendid Things all three together 


This card was fun....very disappointing to get I must say........... I got it as simple pattern paper on the back...thin and flimsy.  There was a pink stamped flower on the card that I actually had to re-glue on as it was falling off the card!!!!! HATE REPAIRING OTHERS WORK!!!!!  At any rate......I do like what I did to recover this card.  I stamped a new Unity stamp I got of the dragonfly and the cute saying on it. "Keep your mind and heart on Splendid Things" CUTE!   Stampendous has just come out with a new product that is called mica fragments....it is in a few different colours.  I used pearl on the dragonfly and then tea stained on the outside as a border.  I stamped the images and cut out and added to the card.  I painted the dragonfly with LuminArte paint and added crackle glossy accented the pink flower.  I added some perfect pearls around the mica to add a little more glitter.  A button and a string added to the middle of the flower finish this card off.

 Splendid Things

side view of Splendid things

Well that's an ATC update....I continue for NOW doing Jams but I'm torn......some of the work I get is very sub par and I really don't feel like cleaning up after others work...I detest having to take a flimsy pattern paper that is less than 60# in weight and have to add two pieces of paper to shore it up!!!!!  Total furstration.  I have posted about this I think people don't care and I am beginning to wonder if people send to me to have cards made for them!!!!!   That is what it feels like!!  I may be being paranoid....but I don't think that things are as great as they could be in this group....the people are great...don't get me wrong but I'm not really happy here just yet....I will give it more time and try sending to new people and send cards I don't want to work on back to the owner and let them know why they are getting it back.....okay okay off my soapbox!!!! LOL
Happy crafting everyone!!!!




No comments: