I have designed my blog to display my card making, scrapbooking, mini albums and any and all paper crafting and STAMPING!! I want to discuss anything to do with all these things and play with my passion here!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mothers Day cards and a Birthday Card

Hi All,
It's been a long time since I've posted!! Too long in fact. I was away in Scotland and England to visit my family.  It was an arduous trip to say the least.  It was good to see my family though.  I was also quite sick for a long time.  So the time has come to begin to create again. I have been making artist trading cards like crazy.  I was behind as I was so ill before I went away to Britain.  I belong to a group called Artist Trading Cards Jams Galore on Yahoo. It is great.  We trade between three people.  Each person puts their individual stamp on the card then sends it to the next person to work on.  I'll post some of the ones I have been working on.  I have really enjoyed the free creation in them.  You never know what you will get in the mail.....WELL THERE IS ANOTHER ISSUE..... Canada is now in the midst of a Canada Post strike...well rather we had rolling city mail interruptions while the union was working on a new contract with management.....management has now locked out the workers and we have NO MORE MAIL at all.  This for ME is very frustrating!! I get a lot of my crafting supplies from online and they are shipped to me.....so no crafting supplies or ATC's for a while.  AHHHH.  Well at the very least it has inspired me to get out to my local store to buy and also to reorganize my craft room! That is a MAJOR job!! I keep buying supplies much faster than I can use them....so creating is now of the utmost importance!!
 
So now for some posting of the Mother's Day cards I created before I went to Britain.  As well as a card for my girlfriend who was my MOH last June 19 for my wedding.....which means an anniversary card will need to be made soon as well as Fathers Day cards!! Lots to create!!!


Lovely You Birthday Card  

I created this card with a doily covered in Patina Glimmer Mist.  I used the Tim Holtz  die to cut out the bird and the cage.  I keep my old plastic packages they come in so that I can use them for creating!  I made the cage with the plastic from one of the dies.  I colored the plastic with alcohol inks and then put a backing on it.  I added dew drops to the holes in the bottom.  Sticky lace was added on the side for a little bling and then I tied on some seam binding I coloured with Glimmer Mist as well. I tied the top and bottom of it with jute to pull the ribbon in a little bit. I hand colored the bird with pencil crayons.  The stamp is Unity from their Kit of the Month Club.  (great stamps!!).  I cut out the flowers from a Sizzix die and distressed them and added color with distress inks. 

side view of Lovely You

My Mums Mother's Day Card   

 This card was inspired by a card I saw in Cards magazine.  I cut out the circles from Spellbinders dies then distressed them and put a brad in the middle to keep it together.  I cut the leaves out from a Cuttlebug embossing folder and fussy cut them out. I used jute in the button and around the paper.

I stamped inside for a little drama!

this card was sent to my Mother in Law for Mother's Day! I used the same techniques as above

inside of my Mother in Laws card

back of my Mother in Laws card
Well that's it for now! This is just the first post.....more to come I'm going to make a separate post for my ATC jams.


No comments: