I have designed my blog to display my card making, scrapbooking, mini albums and any and all paper crafting and STAMPING!! I want to discuss anything to do with all these things and play with my passion here!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Artist Trading Cards....Jams

I love to create ATC's, Artist Trading Cards.  They must be 2.5 x3.5" and can be any form of art all.  The biggest rule is you must not sell them ever!! They are art!! I am a member of a group on Yahoo that is called ATC JAMS GALORE.  I love to create with this group! We work by having three people making three cards that are very similar or the same.  It is lots of fun!  Each person in succession adds something to the card and then the amazing art cards are created!! Lots of fun.  Each one is at one point or another touched by myself. I will try to describe where I have done the work. Hope you like what I've created!
Bloom 
 I got this set with the background finished in amazing paint.  I added the words in the background and the word 'Bloom' which I stamped with acrylic paint in silver. I made the flowers out of old packing paper I saved and stamped with blue rose background. I cut the flowers out with a Sizzix die and put a brad through them and then coloured them with glimmer mist.  I added a top to the card cut out with a Tim Holtz die. I have since sent it out to the third person who will add the finishing touches on it to make it perfect!

Sew Much 
 These cards were a lot of fun! I got them with a stripped card background with the buttons on it.  I added stitching on the side with glittery thread.  I fussy cut out the dress forms with colored them with Twinkling H2O's.  It was intricate but fun! I then added the Sew Much stamp. It's now on the the third person to create with!


Spring, Spring, Spring......
 This card was sent to me with a chicken in the egg on a yellow background.  Super cute.  I am second on this card.  I added stamping to the bottom of the nest to make it look like it was in a tree.  I added the leaves of fabric to make it have some depth and texture.  I also masked off the egg shell on top to add the Spring stamp(Unity) above the Chick! Next the third person will add their touch!


Spring....oh this one was a touch one to be sure!!!
 I was totally stumped by this one!! I got it with the chick punched out of yellow paper (neon yellow paper....) and the second person put a sticker on the card.....so for me this is a challenge....I added the jute to the basket and the ribbon on the handle to give dimension.  I put a googly eye on the chick.  I used shrink plastic and a Unity stamp onto it and could not believe the way it came out! Soooo cute!!
I stamped the flowers and put the gems inside them. I then added the spring word and popped it up and edged it in distress ink. I put fiber green paper for grass on the bottom. I was the third person so it was great to be able to do what I wanted to to be able to finish the card as I wanted to!



Trees in the wind  
 I was the third person on this card as well.  I got it with a beige background and a yellow sun in paper on the beige paper.  I thought it needed some color.  I added all the color in the background.  I stamped the green leaves on the tree.  I cut out the leaves....very small fussy cutting!!! I added stickles to the sun to bring it out more. 


Sun above the gate 
 I was the second person on this card.  I loved it.  I got it with paper painted with green ink.  I stamped the gates and added the lace up top and put a flower type sun and inked it up with distress ink.  I twisted up seam binding and colored it. It's on to the third person and I have not had it back.....been a long time but there is no time limit on when you get them back!


Dream. Big. 
I love this card!! I got it as the second person. I took some new art film that changes shape when you heat it up and it is amazing stuff. It's called Clearly for Art Modeling Film made by WEndy Vecchi and Study 490.  Love the stuff!! You can make anything out of it!  I cut the butterflies out from a Spellbinders die.  I added some more writing in the background of the paper....it had some already but I added a little more. The butterfly is covered in Tattered Angels glaze of a terrific blue color! I put the ribbon on with fabric glue and added the Dream Big (Unity Stamp) onto the bottom lifted up by pop dots. 


Thanks all for looking! I love the ATC Jams Galore Yahoo group!! I have lots of fun!  I'll post more when I make some.


No comments: